M81 and M82 - Cinematic View of Two Galaxies

I am always amazed by the fact that two beautiful galaxies like M81 and M82  are so close to each other on the sky. Unfortunately I don't really have optics with the peefect focal length to properly capture them together. The Hyperstar may have been an option, but I would have to crop the image quite a bit. So I went with shooting a 2x1 mosaic with the C9 and 1/6.3 reducer resulting in a very wide image. 


Weather circumstances led to the fact that I ended up with more data on the M82 side than on the M81 side. However, I was able to include M81 data from 2022 to make it roughly balanced. 


So here are M81 and M82 in "cinemascope"…





 

Popular posts from this blog

Controlling the Telescope with a Berry

December Nebulae - fighting star halos

Galaxies at a larger scale