Hyperstar Nebula Harvest

Last week we had two clear nights. Even though it still was some 25-20% waning moon I decided to image full RGB spectrum - without the narrowband filter. 

Many experienced astrophotographers will concentrate on the same object over multiple nights to gather data for very deep images. However, somehow I have not developed that level of maturity yet. I wanted to play and to see what my new Hyperstar optics is able to do. So, I took pictures of a number of nebulae to get a better sense of what could be nice targets for the future.

As I had already taken a picture of the "Heart Nebula" I added the nearby "Soul Nebula" as well:


The Elephant trunk nebula is a pretty big (and beautiful) object. This is my first image of it. I noticed that the actual "trunk" is relatively small, so it may be worth imaging at a longer focal length.



The Cave Nebula an interesting object with many dark nebulosity - fits quite nicely in the Hyperstar frame.



The Bubble Nebula is actually a relatively small object. I have been taking images of it before. However, it is nice to see in in the context of its surroundings. 



There is even a small bipolar planetary nebula named in KJjPn8 the neighborhood. It is just barely visible in the image, but it will take longer exposure times to get a really good picture. See this magnified section of the previous picture:





Popular posts from this blog

Controlling the Telescope with a Berry

December Nebulae - fighting star halos

Galaxies at a larger scale