Globular Cluster Nights

After the galaxy frenzy of the previous months I was planning to take it a bit slower for some time. Usually I had not been observing around the summer solstice with its short and not entirely dark nights. Over many years I developed the habit of picking up visual astronomy again sometime during August. However, this year, concentrating on astrophotography, I really felt the itch to make some photos even shortly after the summer solstice.  


With the short nights and moon coming up as well I didn’t feel comfortable going after some dim nebula, so I picked globular clusters as targets. 


While some are at their best visibility right now, a few of them were at lower altitude, so I am not entirely satisfied with the results in all cases. However, it is still a nice collection of objects I believe.








(M11 is not actually a globular cluster, but it still fits nicely in this series)












Popular posts from this blog

Controlling the Telescope with a Berry

December Nebulae - fighting star halos

Galaxies at a larger scale